- Compliance Notice: By June 30, 2018, any system that connects to PayPal via HTTPS must support TLS 1.2 or higher. To avoid any disruption of services, ensure your systems are ready.
- You must have a PayPal Business Account.
- For live transactions, you must enable SSL / https for your domain.
- If you use PayPal – use currencies supported by PayPal.
The settings for Stripe merchant can be found in Theme Options > Membership > Paypal Settings.
Create the PayPal processor page
Make sure you have this page in admin – PAGES with Paypal Processor template.
- If you import a demo, you get this page with a demo import. And if you have a clean theme (no demo) you can create this page manually.
- The page itself is not a link that should be accessed directly. The API will use it to communicate with the theme and the merchant. You will see a generic message when opening the URL in the browser. It’s correct and there is no issue with the page.
- Have only 1 page with this template! Duplicate pages should be Deleted permanently.
How to take your Sandbox or LIVE credentials
Step1: Login at https://developer.paypal.com to create the API
Step2: Go to Dashboard Menu
Step3: Optional: How to create a sandbox account
If you wish to test with sandbox mode (all transactions are purely fictional) you must create your own business sandbox account from Sandbox – Accounts and select it when you add a new app.
Step4: Go to My APPS to create the new app:
Step5: Type the APP name and select the sandbox email (will be useful if you wish to test sandbox mode before doing live transactions)
Step6: Copy the Client ID and Secret id and Paste in Theme Options.
Be careful when copy SANDBOX or LIVE. You must set the theme options to match Sandbox or Live settings.
Step7: Add the API Details in Theme Options
Recurring Payments: Add the PayPal Processor URL in your PayPal account
For sandbox tests, you must go to https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/, login with the sandbox account you created above.
For live tests, go to https://www.paypal.com
Go to Profile and Settings -> My Selling Tools
Go to Instant Payment Notification -> Enable IPN -> Add the NOTIFICATION URL (copy the page with processor page template)
When PayPal does not work please check the following:
- Only one Payment Processor page with template Paypal Processor can be created. If there is a duplicate of this page, PayPal will not work. You must permanently delete duplicate pages.
- You need to have values bigger than 0 for “Price Per Submission” and “Price to make the listing featured”, if “Per Listing” mode is enabled.
- Important! PayPal doesn’t work if in membership packages titles use punctuation.
PayPal errors and solutions:
Value too long – error
Help paypal – https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/
Refers to your website tagline. Which is longer than the allowed characters. Change that shorter in Theme Options – General Settings.
Error says you have wrong API copied.
Make sure you didn’t copy a blank space by accident.
Make sure you use sandbox with sandbox credentials and live with live credentials.
Important! PayPal doesn’t work if in membership packages titles use punctuation.
Please see this url with a similar issuehttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/34926940/php-paypal-error-14077410ssl-routinesssl23-get-server-hellosslv3-alert-hands
And the solution:
Support SHA-256. PayPal is upgrading SSL certificates on all Live and Sandbox endpoints from SHA-1 to the stronger and more robust SHA-256 algorithm. You will need to update your integration to support certificates using SHA-256.
Discontinue use of the VeriSign G2 Root Certificate. In accordance with industry standards, PayPal will no longer honor secure connections that require the VeriSign G2 Root Certificate for trust validation. Only secure connection requests that are expecting our certificate/trust chain to be signed by the G5 Root Certificate will result in successful secure connections.
This document has the details to fwd to hosting: https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/resources/sites/PAYPAL/content/live/FAQ/1000/FAQ1766/en_US/2015%20Merchant%20Security%20System%20Upgrade%20Guide%20%28U.S.%20English%29.pdf
How to change text “test facilitator’s Test Store” to your logo or your text
“How to change text “test facilitator’s Test Store” to your text
Facilitator Account Test Store” , this is the by default business name of default sandbox account . You need to change the business name by logging into your sandbox account and then go to Profile–> My business Info –> Business Name Change . Here you can put the new business name as per your requirement .