There are specific requirements that the theme needs in order to work.
Before You Install the WpResidence theme
Please be sure you do all the items below, which must be complete before installing any WordPress theme.
- Choose a hosting company. Choose a hosting dedicated for WordPress hosting. Check here for our suggestions
- Get your own domain. Hosting will help and guide how to set your new domain on your new server
- Install WordPress on your domain. This is the official WordPress tutorial for how to install WordPress, but most WordPress dedicated hostings will do this installation for you http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Famous_5-Minute_Install.
Requirements for WordPress
- Please check to be sure that the hosting you choose follows the minimum requirements to run WordPress.
- Make sure you have the latest WordPress version installed from WordPress.org
Requirements for WpResidence theme
To use Wp Residence theme, the following requirements must be met by your hosting:
- WordPress 4.6+
- PHP 5.6+
- MySQL 5.6+
For older PHP versions, older than 5.5, there will be errors and the theme will not work at all. The APIs integrated cannot support such old PHP versions. It is in your benefit to use the newest PHP version as it comes with better speed results too. Please contact hosting to upgrade PHP as it’s a quick job to to.
Minimum PHP Configuration Limits
- max_execution_time 600
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 48M
- upload_max_filesize 48M
- CURL PHP Extension (For Google Login)
How To check your hosting PHP Limits
Even if you make changes in wp-config.xml, it is possible the limits do not change because your server is limited from server settings. This plugin can help check the server limits https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-php-info/
On shared hosting, the limits will be managed from server end in order to be able to accommodate hundreds/thousands of clients on the same machine. You may not be able to change these recommendations from PHP ini or wp-config.