IMPORTANT: The notifications from Visual Composer, Revolution Slider or Ultimate Addons for WPBakery Page Builder that you need the purchase license code to get automatic updates is just for clients who buy the license. We bought the commercial license so we can offer these plugins for free to our clients with WP Residence theme. All updates will be offered through our theme updates.
What are the Wp Residence included Plugins
- WpResidence Core Functionality is MANDATORY. Install this plugin before you activate the license! Activate the theme with your buyer license code in order to use this plugin – more here http://help.wpresidence.net/article/how-to-get-your-buyer-license-code/ This is done only once!
- Optional plugins included with the theme:
- One Click Demo Import plugin is needed only when you import demo content. You can delete it after that. To import demo content you must activate the license too (step 6)
- Wp Residence Gutenberg Blocks Functionality plugin is Recommended if you wish to use only the new WordPress 5.0 Gutenberg editor with theme shortcodes as blocks. In this case, you don’t need to install WpBakery Composer plugin at all.
- WpResidence Elementor Widgets – is optional and you should install it if you want to work with Elementor Page Builder (a free plugin which you install from WordPress Repository – https://wordpress.org/plugins/elementor/
- WPBakery Page Builder plugin is a 3rd party Premium Plugin is recommended if you wish to use the theme default demo content and edit the shortcodes and page content with this plugin.
- Ultimate Addons for WPBakery Page Builder – is a 3rd party Premium plugin which adds more shortcodes to WPBakery Page Builder plugin
- Revolution Slider is a 3rd party Premium Plugin which can be used to create different sliders for header media. But it’s also optional.
- EWWW Image Optimizer is a recommened Free WordPress repository plugin to help optimize your images (and improve speed). If this plugin doesn’t work with your hosting company, you can delete it and install Smush It or any other plugin that optmizez images and it’s recommended by your hosting.
How to install plugins:
The standard method is via the notice in header that shows after installing and activating WP Residence.
Install from Plugins -> Add New
Sometimes, due to 3rd party plugin auto-installer script we must use, this method fails, so the install can be done using the plugin files from the theme pack.
If the auto-installer fails, install the plugin from admin – plugins – add new and find the plugin in theme pack, path wpresidence/libs/plugins
What Settings to check after plugins are installed/activated:
Bakery Page Builder Design Options:
Ultimate Addons Settings – Make sure Scripts and Styles are set as in the below image: