The theme can be translated in any language with POEDIT.
This help will show:
- How to translate the theme.
- Get translations from our clients
- How to translate strings that are not included in the po file.
- What to check if POEDIT translation does not apply.
How to translate the theme
1. Download and install POEdit. Get the free version. You do not need Pro version
2. The language files can be found in wpresidence/languages.
Open the .po file and set the language according to the language set in admin-Settings-General
3. Start adding the translated words for each theme string.
4. After the translation is done, you need to SAVE and rename both .po and .mo files with the proper name (for example de_DE.po). If the file name is not right the translation will not work. See this link for the proper name.
4. Upload the translated and renamed .po and . mo files in wp-content/themes/wpresidence/languages/ folder. You should have now wpresidence.po, wpresidence.mo + your new language po and mo. Check if the language file has the correct name – help here: http://wpcentral.io/internationalization/
Get translations from our clients
You can use the translations received from other clients right away. Just go to the below tutorial.
Download all files and documentation from your buyer account on theme forest
Unzip the folder.
Copy the language files you wish from this folder to wpresidence/languages (or to child theme) –
How to translate strings that are not included in the po file.
THERE ARE SEVERAL ITEMS THAT YOU MUST TRANSLATE FROM THEME OPTIONS:
a. For Property Details, Property Features, Property Address
These labels are managed from Admin – Theme Options – Listing labels.
b. For Property Features & Amenities –
Please go and edit them in Admin – Theme Options – Listing Custom Fields
c. For Property Fields – custom fields –
NOTE: Some default properties fields are managed from POEDIT (Address fields, Bedrooms, Rooms, Bathrooms, Size, Property Size). The rest are managed from admin.
d. For Advanced Search labels – custom fields,
Managed from Options – Advanced Search
Note 1: If you don’t have custom advanced search enabled, all fields are translated in POEDIT.
Note 2: Dropdowns (All Cities, All Areas, All Types, All Listings – are managed only from POEDIT).
What to check if POEDIT translation does not apply.
- Make sure that the language file is updated. This will also ensure that you have all theme strings in po file.
When a new theme version is released / updated, the translation .po must be updated as well to find the new terms – http://www.marketpressthemes.com/blog/how-to-merge-two-po-files-using-poedit/
Open up your existing language PO file with Poedit software.
Catalog and select
Update from POT file
First, change the file type option to
All Files, then select the new wpresidence.po PO file from latest theme update folder
Once the import is completed, all the new string from the new PO file will be added and your existing (translated) string will remain intact as well.
Finally, proceed to translate all the new string into your preferred language. Save. Move the updated .po and .mo language file back to wpresidence/languages or to child theme languages folder.
2. When you edit translation, please make sure that you copy both po and mo files in your PC and after you saved changes, you add back both in the theme.
3. Make sure that name of the files is correct.
As an alternative you can use Loco translate plugin instead POEDIT.
LOCO TRANSLATE PLUGIN
You can use Loco Translate to translate the theme to your own language from wp-admin.