Residence theme offers human translations and machine translations. If you would like to contribute and improve the existing translations, we appreciate the help. You can send us the translations in client support http://support.wpestate.org/ and we will make sure they are listed in the next theme update.
33 languages are added (these are 100% translations machine done): Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, German, Greek, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Islenka, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch,Nederlands (België), Polish, Portuguese, Romania, Russian, Slovak, Slovenščina, Serbian, Spanish, Svenska, Russian, Thai, Turkish, Urdu – PAKISTAN, Vietnamese, Simplified Chinese
The existing translations are listed in the following folders
How to apply the available Languages
Translated languages are already included in the child theme and Wp Residence Core plugin.
- Install the child theme – http://help.wpresidence.net/article/how-to-install-child-theme/
- Go to Dashboard → Settings → General and select one of the available languages from Site Language drop down.
- Make further edits with Loco Translate plugin or using POEDIT software on your local computer.
The child theme translation stays there in case you update the theme (update just the main theme)
If you change the plugin translation, backup your new .po and .mo before you update as your translation will need to be restored.
There are two ways to translate a theme for a single language website.
Translate with Loco Translate Plugin
Loco Translate Plugin allows you to translate theme directly from WordPress Dashboard.
You can edit an existing translation or create a new language.
Follow the steps below for installation and configuration.
- Step1: Install Loco Translate Plugin via Dashboard → Plugins. Activate the plugin.
- Step 2: Go to Dashboard → Loco Translate → Themes or Dashboard→ Loco Translate – Plugins and click the name you want to translate.
- Step3: If there is no translation .po, create one. Go back to the theme page again and click on New language. and to Plugin page and click on New language. Skip Template.
Translate with POEDIT
Poedit is an application that must be downloaded and installed on your computer.
- 1. Download and install POEdit. Get the free version. You do not need Pro version.
- 2. Open the theme language files:
- wpresidence-child/languages and
- 3. Open the .po file and set the language according to the language set in admin-Settings-General
- 4. Start adding the translated words for each theme string.
- 5. After the translation is done, you need to SAVE and rename both .po and .mo files with the proper name (for example de_DE.po). If the file name is not right the translation will not work. See this link for the proper name.
For wpresidence-child/languages . Ex: Your po should have the name language de_DE.po and de_DE.mo (for German)
For plugins/wpresidence-core/languages/wpresidence-core.po Ex: Your po should have the language name wpresidence-core-de_DE.po and wpresidence-core-de_DE.mo (for German)
6. Upload the translated and renamed .po and. mo files
- wpresidence-child/languages – You should have now wpresidence.po, wpresidence.mo + your new language po and mo.
- plugins/wpresidence-core/languages/ – You should have now wpresidence-core.po, wpresidence-core.mo + your new language po and mo.
Check if the language file has the correct name – help here: http://wpcentral.io/internationalization/
How to translate strings that are not included in the .po files
THERE ARE SEVERAL LABELS THAT TRANSLATE FROM THEME or WordPress OPTIONS
a. For Property Details, Property Features, Property Address
Property single page – content labels are managed from Admin –> Theme Options –> General -> Listing Labels
b. Property Features & Amenities, Categories, Types, Cities, Areas, States and Property Status
Features and Amenities are set in your language in Admin –> Properties -> Features & Amenities/Property Status/Categories/Action/City/Neighborhood/State
c. Property Fields – Custom Fields Labels
NOTE: Some default properties fields are managed from POEDIT (Address fields, Bedrooms, Rooms, Bathrooms, Size, Property Size).
Custom fields text labels are set in your language in Admin –> Theme Options –> General -> Custom Fields
d. For Advanced Search labels – custom fields,
Advanced Search Custom fields labels are set in your language in Admin –> Theme Options –> Search -> Advanced Search Form
Note 1: If you don’t have custom advanced search enabled, all fields are translated with .po translation)
Note 2: Dropdowns (All Cities, All Areas, All Types, All Listings – are managed only from .po translation).
e. Main Menu items are set in your language from Appearance -> Menus
Update the .po translation after a theme update
If we add new terms to wpresidence.po and wpresidence-core.po then your translation will have to be updated as well in order to include the new terms. Update can be done only with POEDIT.
Step1: Open up your existing language PO file with Poedit software.
Step2. Go to
Catalog and select
Update from POT file
Step3. Select the new wpresidence.pot POT file from latest theme update folder
Step 4. Once the import is completed, all the new string from the new PO file will be added and your existing (translated) string will remain intact as well.
Step5. Finally, proceed to translate all the new string into your preferred language. Save. Move the updated .po and .mo language file back to wpresidence/languages or to child theme languages folder