You can translate WP RESIDENCE WordPress theme in any language with POEdit. To use this module follow these steps:
- 1. Download and install POEdit.
- 2. With POedit open the file wpresidence.po located in languages folder.
- 3. Translate the file using poedit and save the file with the proper name (for example de_DE.po). If the file name is not right the translation will not work. See this link for the proper name.
- 4. Upload the .po and . mo files in wp-content/themes/wpresidence/languages/ folder You should have now wpresidence.po, wpresidence.mo + your new language po and mo. Also you need to check if the language file has the correct name – help here: http://wpcentral.io/internationalization/
- 5. Iinstall WordPress in your language – http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language
- 6. After all these steps go in Admin – General Settings and you should see a dropdown with Languages. This is where you will find the languages available based on what you did on step 1. Select your language and that should be all.
HOW TO USE POEDIT
Download and install POEdit.
Open with POedit the wpresidence.po file located in languages folder.
Translate the file using POedit.
Save the file with the proper name (for example en_US.po). If the file name is not right the translation will not work. See this link for the proper name http://wpcentral.io/internationalization/.
Upload the .po and . mo files in wp-content/themes/wpresidence/languages/ folder.
Install WordPress in your language – http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language (if it’s not English – default language)
After all those steps go in Admin – General Settings and you should see a dropdown with Languages.
This is where you will find the languages available based on the language code you translated – http://wpcentral.io/internationalization/ . Select your language that matches the .po name and that should be all.
Get translations from our clients
Download all files and documentation from your buyer account on theme forest
Unzip the folder.
Copy the language files you wish from this folder to wpresidence/languages (or to child theme) –
THERE ARE SEVERAL ITEMS THAT YOU MUST TRANSLATE FROM THEME OPTIONS:
a. For Property Details, Property Features, Property Address
These labels are managed from Admin – Theme Options – Listing labels.
b. For Property Features & Amenities –
Please go and edit them in Admin – Theme Options – Listing Custom Fields
c. For Property Fields – custom fields –
NOTE: Some default properties fields are managed from POEDIT (Address fields, Bedrooms, Rooms, Bathrooms, Size, Property Size). The rest are managed from admin.
d. For Advanced Search labels – custom fields,
Managed from Options – Advanced Search
Note 1: If you don’t have custom advanced search enabled, all fields are translated in POEDIT.
Note 2: Dropdowns (All Cities, All Areas, All Types, All Listings – are managed only from POEDIT).
LOCO TRANSLATE PLUGIN
You can use Loco Translate to translate the theme to your own language from wp-admin.
HOW TO UPDATE THE .PO TRANSLATION after a theme update
When a new theme version is released / updated, the translation .po must be updated as well to find the new terms – http://www.marketpressthemes.com/blog/how-to-merge-two-po-files-using-poedit/
Open up your existing language PO file with Poedit software.
Catalog and select
Update from POT file
First, change the file type option to
All Files, then select the new wpresidence.po PO file from latest theme update folder
Step #4 (OPTIONAL)
Next, you’ll see a mini box which includes all the new strings as well as obsolete string from the new PO file. Proceed by clicking the
Once the import is completed, all the new string from the new PO file will be added and your existing (translated) string will remain intact as well.
Finally, proceed to translate all the new string into your preferred language. Save. Move the updated .po and .mo language file back to wpresidence/languages or to child theme languages folder.