You can change WP RESIDENCE default text with POEdit. Poedit helps modifying English terms by replacing them with your English terms (like Zip to Postcode and so on).
This help will show the steps that you need to take. The changes can be done in the main Theme or Child Theme.
!!! If you make the changes in the main theme, please make sure that you backup your translation as you will need to add them again after a theme update (a theme update erases all main theme files).
For Child Theme change, please check the below article – http://help.wpresidence.net/article/how-to-add-translated-po-files-in-child-theme/
How to edit English labels with POEDIT
- 1. Download and install POEdit.
- 2. Open with POedit the wpresidence.po file located in languages folder.
Make sure that you copy both po and mo files in your device. The translation needs to be done in po file.
- Save the .po file name as the language set in admin-Settings-General
- 3. Start editing the new words for the strings that you wish to modify
- 4. After the changes are done, you need to SAVE and rename both .po and .mo files with the proper name (for example de_DE.po). If the file name is not right the translation will not work. See this link for the proper name.
- 4. Upload the edited/renamed .po and . mo files in wp-content/themes/wpresidence/languages/ folder. You should have now wpresidence.po, wpresidence.mo + edited/renamed po and mo. Check if the language file has the correct name – help here: http://wpcentral.io/internationalization/
You can also use LOCO TRANSLATE plugin to create the en_US.po from wp-admin and do the translation. Help http://help.wpresidence.net/article/how-to-rename-theme-words-with-loco-translate/