Please check if you have one of these situations:
Cache is on
You enabled caching for google maps in theme options – google maps settings and you need to wait 3 hours to see pin
Read from file is enabled
You enabled read from file yes (google maps readings) and you must wait 24 hours to see all pins or click generate pins button.
Categories/Actions names added or edited
Theme default pins are offered in the theme pack in .png format, retina, and non retina format.
- IMPORTANT: When you edit/add default categories and actions, you’ll need to upload new Pins even if you don’t use Google Maps as header media. For speed reason pins are mandatory. See here all speed recommendations – http://help.wpresidence.net/article/how-to-improve-my-website-speed-my-website-is-too-slow/
- Mandatory size is 44 x 48
- 1. For custom pins to show, you must have this configuration set:
- 2. Upload the custom pin image
- 3. Make sure you add the non retina and retina version (with the same name, but_2x) at the end at the same time:
The theme default pins are listed in this folder in theme pack (download “ALL FILES AND DOCUMENTATION” from theme forest, unzip, and you will see this file)
- 4. Insert only the NON RETINA format
- 5. Save:
Multiple categories selection
You selected multiple categories for a property. In the theme pins show for 1 category, 1 action or 1 action + 1 category combination. Selecting multiple categories or actions for a property will only show the pin for first category+action combination, creating the impression that pins don’t work for the rest of the combinations.
Starting v 1.12 you can create child categories for all property taxonomies (city, area, state, category, type). Add a property to child category only. The theme will show the property for parent category as well without any additional select needed.