This help sums all options offered by the theme regarding Contact Forms.
Contact forms for agent / user show if:
a. Admin assigns agent to property manually from admin
b. Theme assigns agent and / or user responsible to the property submitted by the user from front end (see this help http://help.wpresidence.net/2015/12/16/how-to-manage-user-or-agent-options-in-the-theme-about-subscriber-user-level/
If the property is submitted by user with administrator level, no contact form shows.
You have 2 options regarding contact forms.
Use the theme contact forms
*these are built-in theme code and they support below options
- Contact form on property page, under agent or user info (email is sent to agent / user email address)
- Contact form on agent page (email is sent to agent email address)
Agent contact form includes the link of the page from where the email was sent in email content.
NOTE: As admin you can set in theme options another email address to receive a copy of the emails sent through agent contact forms.
- Contact form on contact page (email is sent to the email address set in theme options – social and contact – email)
Contact page form is built-in when creating the page with the Contact Page custom template – http://help.wpresidence.net/2015/10/29/contact-page/
- Footer contact form (that shows when clicking on the email icon, next to GO UP button) (email is set in theme options, social and contact, company email)
NOTE: all above theme contact form are built with wordpress nonces – https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Nonces (so no captcha is required, there is already an anti-spam email)
NOTE 2: The sender email is set to be firstname.lastname@example.org. To change this default address with another email address you can use a plugin – such as WP SIMPLE EMAIL SENDER plugin.
Set sender email address from this plugin settings:
Use Contact 7 plugin contact forms for Agent and Contact page
* see here – http://help.wpresidence.net/2015/10/29/contact-7-for-contact-forms/ how to replace the theme contact forms with contact 7 plugin forms
Contact 7 plugins can support these features:
- Reply to email is the email of the user sending the form:
- Sender email address is set in the contact form
- You can add more fields
- You can add re-captcha
- Email are sent to the agent email address
- Email contact includes automatically the page from where the email was sent
Contact 7 plugin forms cannot support these options:
NOTE 1: Styling of the forms is different as the css set by plugin developers cannot be overwritten completely.
NOTE 2: Contact 7 plugin contact forms DO NOT replace the contact form in theme footer.